CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yes, I'm Still Here!!!!!

I know, I know...Everybody is updating their blogs except for me! Well, the wait is over! I decided I would update my layout a few days ago and instead, I completely messed everything up and lost all of my links to my wonderful (and ever so much more creative) family's blogs. I think I have finally figured it all out now, although you may have to look at the same layout on my blog forever and ever because I don't think I want to have to recreate everything all over again!

Life in Colorado has been interesting to say the least! It's sunny then the next day it snows, then the next day it's sunny again only to be cold and rainy with a little hail the same night. So it goes every day and it is quite annoying! I'm ready to start complaining about how hot it is! I have had quite enough snow, thank you very much!

Rylee just celebrated her 5th birthday on April 24th! I can't believe how fast this last 5 years has gone! She told me a couple days ago, "it's so much fun being 5!!!". We went to Kevin & Marcia's and had fun spending her birthday with them and their family including Sandy and Soren. Gramma Peggy, Paw Paw Dewey and Kyle were also there. I impressed everyone with my cake decorating skills. I wanted to make Rylee a really fun cake and so I made her a Barbie Fairytopia cake. It was lots of fun to do and I was very happy with how it turned out. Rylee was thrilled!

Just after Christmas, Steve found an amazing deal for a 12' trampoline online. We decided to buy it and save it for Rylee's Birthday. We had it hidden in the garage all that time and I was VERY excited when we were able to finally give it to her. Obviously, a trampoline would be a hard gift to wrap! Steve suggested we cut off part of the box and wrap that for her. I was going to do that, but then I decided to send her on a scavenger hunt instead. I started by giving her a birthday card with a clue in it that said,





"To find a very special gift, you first must start a quest. Search for your second clue with the lamb you love the best".
This sent her upstairs to her room to her stuffed lamb. There were 5 more clues which sent her downstairs then up then down then up then down one last time to the garage. It was so much fun seeing her excitement!





When she got to the garage, we had covered the trampoline with her orange blow up pool and put 5 or 6 bows on it. She couldn't find her gift! Here is this giant orange thing with bows on it and she kept looking right past it. It was very funny!







We finally gave her a clue to look for bows & she FINALLY saw it! It was about 2 minutes of her basically standing right next to it before she saw it, but once she did and saw what it was she was soooooo happy she was jumping up and down!






























Well, that was my very long and overdue blog update!
I'll try to update more often! Love to all!!!

4 comments:

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Yah an update!! Rylee is just so cute and your cake WAS AMAZING!! Love ya!!

The Meyers Family said...

You are such a fun mom to do that for her. You know though you are going to have to top it next year right?!?!

bpetersen said...

I can't believe she's already 5! Crazy! Excited to see you soon!

Love ya!

The Smith Family said...

So fun! I'm glad you updated...I've been waiting. Of course that probably means I'm spending too much time at the computer.....miss ya and can't wait to see you!